This brilliant podcast series focuses on stakeholder management in celebration of our eCourse: Four Steps for Engaging Difficult Stakeholders. Leave your comments below, and join us on social media to get involved in the conversation.
It’s time to be your authentic self!
In this podcast, Elise Stevens speaks with Nicole Nader about why being authentic is important to building effective relationships with our stakeholders.
Nicole Nader is a board member of the Australian Institute of Project Management and is a professional project manager delivering organisational change, and fostering professional corporate culture within large and diverse teams.
Engaging with and motivating teams is one of Nicole’s strengths, having delivered relevant, practical, and strategically aligned solutions for over 12 years in the defence industry.
Nicole was appointed to the position of National Director of the Board in 2015, and has helped to further the interests of other professionals in the industry through her leadership of the Institute’s Governance and Ethics committee, and the International Certification Body.
Points raised in this podcast:
- How mindfulness can help project managers to engage and enrich their relationships with stakeholders
- Why project managers need to put themselves in other people’s shoes and show empathy
- The benefits of being ‘softer’ and more approachable
- Why being authentic as a project manager is important when building trust with team members
- How storytelling can help project managers build trust and empowerment within teams
- Being clear and open with expectations, and allowing team members to go about the projects in their own individual way to achieve the desired outcomes is important
- How to create a safe environment for identifying improvements in the process
- How to have the right message, and be upfront to build trust with key stakeholders
- The only way a project can be successful is through being truthful in all stages of the project
- How project managers can be more mindful and inclusive in their communication
- The importance of using the right language when discussing changes and recommendations
- The importance of regular stakeholder consultations for ongoing engagement when joining a new team or organisation
- How over-talking and poor listening can affect engagement with managers and team members
You can connect with Nicole on LinkedIn.
Listen to the Podcast: Be authentic