EMBRACING THE FEMECONOMY
Women make 85% of consumer purchase decisions. It’s a statistic that packs a punch. For Jade Collins, it was the inspiration she needed to high-tail it out of her career in human resources and start her own business.
With the help of her co-founder Alanna Bastin-Byrne, Jade launched the Femeconomy. The Brisbane-based start-up seeks to use this powerful economic lever to create gender equality, by helping women find brands with female leaders. Any brand with at least 30% of women on the Board of Directors or 50% female-owned is eligible to submit their brand to be Femeconomy-approved.
Starting your own business is a daunting prospect for anyone, but Jade was tiring of the 60-hour weeks and constant travel her former career demanded. She had been in her comfort zone too long and, in her own words, was “almost overripe”. In this podcast, she explains to Elise Stevens how she left her career behind, so she could instead leave a legacy.
IN THIS PODCAST
- The enormous collective power women have over the economy
- The simple step you can take today to support gender equality
- How to know if you’re truly ready to become an entrepreneur
- How to turn a great idea into a legitimate business opportunity
- The importance of having a partner you can trust and a strong network of valued relationships
- Why being a perfectionist is not necessarily a good thing
- The importance of authenticity and taking your personal brand with you if you change careers
- Why you can’t leave you career plan in the hands of your employer
Jade Collins is a Co-Founder of Femeconomy.com, where you can shop brands with female leaders to create gender equality.
Jade has over 19 years’ global experience in corporate executive Human Resources and management consulting roles in the Mining, Energy and Aerospace industries, leading large scale, complex change management programs. Jade finds the combination of her HR, Psychology and MBA qualifications and her leadership experience in male dominated industries is invaluable for creating networks and engaging others to increase gender equality in leadership across industries. Jade is a member of the Queensland Government’s Strategic Advisory Group for the Toward Gender Parity: Women on Boards Initiative.
Want more? Connect with women in similar situations and environments, with common goals and experiences. These women understand you and are there to support you! Are you a woman over 40 looking to boost your confidence, fire up your career and connect with people who simply get you? You’ve found your tribe. Join our Women Supporting Women Private Community on Facebook, it’s free to join. Conversation – Support – Expert Insights. Join now for free. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.