WHY YOUR PERSONAL BRAND IS SO IMPORTANT
In this podcast, Elise Stevens speaks with Julie Hyde about the importance of building a personal brand.
Our personal brand is our reputation. We all have one – but how often do we think seriously about it in terms of our careers? Our words, actions and associations shape the perception others have of us and it’s time we all brought that perception into focus. This podcast asks the tough questions. What is your passion? What do you stand for? What won’t you compromise on?
What do you do uniquely and innately well?
As Elise explains, it wasn’t until she started her own online coaching business that she realised how crucial it was to think of herself as a brand – and get realistic about how that brand was being perceived.
Julie urges us to pull our walls down, challenge our mindset and get relevant. Her three simple steps to getting clarity on your personal brand may seem daunting but they’re crucial for women over 40 who are ready to step up and advance their careers.
IN THIS PODCAST
- What is a personal brand and how do you know if you have one? (Hint: You do).
- Now you have a personal brand, what do you do with it?
- Why your perception of yourself is not always the perception others have of you.
- Why branding is especially important for women over 40.
- How to challenge the status quo that says women over 40 are irrelevant.
- What to do when the people around you aren’t supportive – and they’re the ones in charge!
- How to reset your mindset about what others really think of you.
- Why authenticity is everything.
- How social media can destroy your personal brand.
Julie Hyde is a Melbourne-based consultant with 26 years’ experience in management and leadership. After 21 years in the corporate sector, she decided to take a huge entrepreneurial step. Julie Hyde Consulting was launched in 2007, and now provides corporate workshops and training, coaching and mentoring programs, keynotes and private mentoring.
Julie was also the founder of Leaders and Lattes Women’s Networking in Melbourne and was nominated for the Telstra Business Women’s Award in 2016.
Julie believes leadership is about knowing your purpose and having an authentic leadership style and personal brand. She believes people are looking for powerful role models to make sense of a complicated world and that leaders have an opportunity to make a positive impact.
Want more? Connect with women in similar situations and environments, with common goals and experiences. These women understand you and are there to support you! Are you a woman over 40 looking to boost your confidence, fire up your career and connect with people who simply get you? You’ve found your tribe. Join the Age Defying Community on Facebook and Instagram.