Podcast #182 : Jaspreet Dol – How will AI change the way we work?
There’s a lot of buzz right now around artificial intelligence and automation – machines doing things that previously only humans could do. As with any change, it’s natural to feel nervous about the implications for your career.
But this podcast is here to reassure you that you’re probably not going to be replaced by a robot.
In this episode, Elise Stevens speaks with project manager and Agile coach Jaspreet Dol about why we need to embrace AI. She believes it’s going to help us outsource mundane tasks, allowing us more time focus on the people we work with.
Points raised in this podcast:
- AI should be seen as an opportunity rather than a threat – a tool that will enable you to do your job better.
- Machines are very good at collecting and analysing data but humans will always be needed to fill in the blanks.
- Humans are capable of holistic thinking, intuition, negotiation and subjective feeling, while machines are not.
- AI can offload repetitive tasks, eliminate human error, maintain schedules and monitor patterns, allowing humans more time for tasks that require higher thinking.
- “Soft” human skills will become increasingly important, such as people management, empathy, negotiation, diplomacy and leadership.
- It’s likely AI will automate some low skilled jobs, but this will not happen overnight.
- AI will also create new jobs that machines can’t do, making it important to focus on upskilling interpersonal and emotional skills. These skills will be valuable regardless of how AI affects your job.
- Software companies are already integrating AI. It’s important to be agile and willing to adapt. Learning the new technology behind the projects you work on will help keep you competitive.
Jaspreet Dol has been recently awarded PMI Future50 Young Leaders. Jaspreet’s influence goes beyond leading data, cloud, and AI projects for clients at DXC Technology. She’s also grooming agilists to rethink the future, as technology and automation reframe how work gets done.
Jaspreet has run digital projects ranging from web and mobile development to interactive solutions to E-commerce to Data Science, AI, and ML. Jaspreet formerly co-founded an on-demand service start-up. Jaspreet has also been featured on PM Network multiple times.
She says project leaders must learn to think more holistically—learn to flex to use hybrid. They also must examine their daily work routines: What problems routinely come up? Which ones can be solved quickly? What’s the most efficient way of implementing change? Are others in the organization facing the same challenge?
You can connect with Chuen Chuen on LinkedIn.
Visit my shop to grab a copy of my #1 best selling book: Age Defying Careers For Women At 40, along with my brilliant Guidebook for those wanting to really nail out the details of their goals with complete clarity.
If you would like to work on a collaboration, or simply say hi – send me a message here. I’d love to hear from you.