About This Podcast:
Why do rogue projects need to be tamed? While it may be tempting to execute your project without the constraints of your IT governance, it may not be as sexy as it sounds. Having your project “lost in space” may leave you exposed to whims of individuals within the organisation and your team without jobs to go back to once the project finishes (if it finishes at all).
In this Podcast Vicki Daniel, National Practice Manager for Programs and Projects at Integral Technology, provides tips on how to tame your rogue project.
Points Raised in the Podcast:
- Rogue projects take on a life of their own
- Programs/projects operating without engagement with key stakeholders, will ultimately fail
- Key projects need to be resourced with key business subject matter experts – not just IT/Vendor resources
- There is no such thing as 0.2 allocation of business resource on project – either resource the project correctly or don’t do the project
- Rogue projects often do not align to the strategic goals of the organisation
Listen to the Podcast: