Three reasons women should attend a project management networking event
In this podcast, Nicole Nader shares three reasons why women should attend a project management networking event and plenty of tips for how to make the most of it.
Nicole is a project manager for ASC Shipbuilding, responsible for the implementation and operation of its project management office, executing strategy, complex problem solving and overseeing risk management.
She has delivered common sense, strategically aligned solutions in the defence industry for more than 10 years.
Nicole has a number of business and project management qualifications and is currently a national director of the Australian Institute of Project Management.
Points raised in this podcast:
- Women are often under-represented at networking events, despite making up a significant part of the industry.
- Networking events allow women to be seen and heard and further cement women’s role within the project management industry.
- Meeting others within the industry allows project managers to remain current and give back to the profession by sharing and contributing personal experiences.
- Networking can introduce you to future employers.
- Meeting new people and finding out their passions can propel you in new directions.
- Engaging with people online is another way to network, for example LinkedIn groups.
- It is important to consider why you have decided to attend the event and what you hope to achieve.
- Attend with an open mind as to what you could learn and who you could meet.
- Attending project management networking events when you don’t know anyone can seem daunting but it is never as bad as it seems once you start speaking to people.
You can find a calendar of project management events on the Australian Institute of Project Management website.
Listen to the Podcast
about why women should attend a project management networking event and tips for how to make the most of it.