CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Connect on LinkedIn
Abhigya is a Sr. Project Manager at Ncell, Axiata (Nepal), with over 11 years experience in Telecommunication, focused in Project and Portfolio Management, Organizational Transformation, Value Added Services (VAS). She is an accomplished servant leader-capable of delivering large scaled projects by effectively collaborating, facilitating, leading and coaching teams. Abhigya believes in ‘Doing Agile and Being Agile’, while keeping her teams focused on delivering success in a rapidly evolving entropic environment. She is an Agile Scout, and is currently driving the Agile Transformation Program at her organization. Abhigya has been running workshops on Agile practices and culture, where she shares her experiences within, and outside her organization. She is an active member of Agile Nepal- an official user group endorsed by Scrum Alliance, and a member of Spiral Nepal, a platform for women in Lean and Agile spaces to connect, create and collaborate. Abhigya is a Certified Scrum Practitioner, Agile Certified Coach, Certified in Agile Leadership and a PRINCE2 Practitioner.
See Abhigya’s 2019 Celebrating Women in Project Management profile.
What is your project management super power?
Helping teams become involved and evolved.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
By empowering and supporting more women to become leaders and idols.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Being a good listener who has a good emotional quotient.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Take a deep breath, relax and think that this is only a transition period, not the end.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
Empathize, listen and ask for the client for their ways of resolving the situation.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
- You get a wider understanding and vision of the business or the organization due to the diversity of projects you handle.
- It is great if you are a people person and want to have a great network.
- You can help your team grow with your servant leadership skills.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.