CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: London, UK
Connect on LinkedIn
Amanda Clack MSc BSc FRICS FICE FAPM FRSA CCMI FIC CMC AffiliateICAEW
Amanda is an Executive Director at CBRE where she is Head of Strategic Consulting. She is a Member of the UK Board and Executive Committee, as well as the EMEA Occupier Board.
She is the immediate Past President of RICS, and became the longest serving in 123 years when her term of office ended in November last year. She set up and chairs the RICS Construction Market Forum.
Amanda is a senior property professional in real estate, infrastructure and construction with extensive Big Four consulting experience gained in over 30 years in the sector. She was previously a Partner at EY LLP and also at PwC LLP.
Amanda is listed in Who’s Who. She was also named in City A.M.‘s Power 100 Women list 2016 and as a Mover and Shaker of 2015 in ICAEW’s Global Finance 50.
She was also awarded:
– Women of Achievement Award for Construction and Engineering by Women in the City 2015
– Women of the Year 2015
– Honorary membership of World Women In Real Estate 2016
– Success in Business Award by Anglia Ruskin University 2013
Amanda has been involved as:
– Member of the APPG for Excellence in the Built Environment – Commission of Inquiry into Brexit and Skills;
– Member of the Brexit Infrastructure Group and chair of the Skills Sub-Group;
– Member of the Infrastructure Efficiency Challenge Panel advising the DfT on the efficient deliverability of infrastructure;
– Independent Expert Advisory Panel Member advising DCLG on building safety following the Grenfell Tower Fire
– Member of the Lord Mayor of London’s Trust Advisory Group looking at the Business of Trust in Financial and Professional Services.
Co-author of a book aimed as a practical guide for CEO’s on Diversity and Inclusion in Real Estate: ‘Diversity Management in der Immobilienbranch – ein Praxisguide’
She is a Liveryman and a member of the Court of Assistants for the Worshipful Company of Chartered Surveyors.
Why do you enjoy working in the field of project management?
It really allows you to shape things to make a difference to the outcomes
What are your greatest achievements as a Project Manager?
Working directly for No.10 as a Mission Critical Programne Engagement Director
Why is a career as a Project Manager a great choice for women?
Women are great organisers, are people centric and are great at logic – as well as multitasking!
How can women stand out in the field of Project Management?
By being themselves and bringing great EQ and people skills to the table.
What are some of the challenges women face as Project Managers?
Holding back ….
What can we do to help women to be exceptional Project Managers?
Give them a voice and support network that they have like minded people to relate to
Any other comments about Women in Project Management?
I set up the Women in Project Management Specific Interest Group for the Association of Project Management- it’s now in its 25th year. That network is key as it brings together men and women on projects
To celebrate International Women’s Day for 2018, I will be sharing the profiles and stories of some incredible women who have flourished in their project management careers. May they inspire you and the women around you to kick goals in the world of project management.
Read more about my ‘Celebrating Women in Project Management’ 50-day series here. Starts February 1, 2018.
Join the conversation!
- Submit your own profile as a PM to be shared and celebrated online!
- #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement (Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn)