CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Sydney, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
Amireh is the managing director and owner of PMO Solutions, a boutique PMO service provider for Tier One project delivery organisations. She created the PMO Solutions Framework, which moves beyond simplistic PMO models through a four-dimensional, wholistic examination of the current business structure to drive future synergistic growth. The Framework is currently implemented within several Downer Group business units and is resulting in significant cost and operational efficiency gains.
Amireh is a PMO professional with over 20 years’ industry experience. She holds a Master of Information Technology from Macquarie University and is currently completing a MBA from the University of Sydney as well as being certified in PMO-CC, PMI-PBA, PRINCE2 and P3O. In addition to her formal qualifications, she is also a certified project management instructor and mentor. She has worked across various PMO platforms in Australia and abroad and is well versed in the tailored PMO requirements to individual business needs. Amireh is an expert in developing project-specific workshops and training programs. Previous work experience with blue-chip companies such as Leighton Holdings and Downer EDI, as well as public service statutory organisations such as Sydney Water and the NSW Government, has given her a broad understanding of the nuances inherent with both private and public operations.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
I am PMO professional who works with lots of project managers. I love PMO because it’s all about enabling, supporting and making things happen. I enjoy educating and creating positive changes.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1- People management and communication
2- Non-stop learning and know how to use the information
3- Facilitation and providing simple and fit to purpose solution
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Facilitating and organising PMO meet up groups, LinkedIn and mentoring professionals
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Nothing is perfect and it’s okay to make mistake.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
– Zahra Gitinejad: a charity director for an organisation building schools in impoverished remote areas
– Loretta Bayliss GAICD: a successful startup director and entrepreneur
– Dr. Alicia Aitken: who proved that you can think different and there is no problem with that 🙂
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
From my Dad: “In order to truly learn a skill you have to teach it”
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
First, know yourself and your strengths but take the next step to learn to know other’s capabilities. Beyond time at the coal face these critical “soft skills” will enhance your leadership ability.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.