CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Connect on LinkedIn
PMP Certified Project Manager with over 5 years of experience in project management, working for the largest IT organization in the world. Design Thinking Coach, Agile Practitioner and an active PMI Poland Chapter Volunteer. Responsible for Marketing & Communication at PMI Poland Chapter Wroclaw Branch. Regular contributor to the quarterly magazine Strefa PMI (articles in both: Polish and English). Fond of good coffee and hiking in the mountains.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Definitely it is working with people and the thing that every day if full of various challenges. I like to build new relations, understand the project team members points of view, working on stakeholder’s engagement.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
I think these are mainly soft skills such as: communication, remaining calm under pressure and empathy.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
- connecting with project managers during various events: PMI conferences, PMI seminars, meetups etc,
- contributing content to project management magazines (for example Strefa PMI),
- listening to others and getting inspired by their actions
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Do not be afraid to ask questions
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
My friend, Ewa Serwa – Project Portfolio Manager and Vice President of Regional Development at PMI Poland Chapter
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Work on stretching your comfort zone
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
I would like to share the quotation by Lao Tzu- Chinese philosopher, which I found very inspiring:
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step”
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.