CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Connect on LinkedIn
Experienced solutions-driven IT project/ program manager of value-adding programs fuelling global growth, competitive advantage and transformative change for diverse industries including Banking, Health insurance and Seed breeding from around the globe (Nepal, US and Europe).
I lead international, cross-functional multiple teams in developing software and programs by implementing Scrum and SAFe framework to meet the clients’ needs by delivering incremental solution within time and budget.
I conceptualize and execute complex/large scale program vision from start to finish, grooming, analyzing, planning and implementing to the releasing of software by adapting to changes and shifting client priorities. I keep the teams focused on the strategic initiatives and achieving milestones to improve systems and processes to deliver the bottom-line results. I possess excellent stakeholder relationship management skills with the ability to relate to people at any level of business and management.
What is your project management super power?
I believe I have POWER to make things happen despite all hurdles, challenges with incredible PERSEVERANCE project management skills.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
Gender diversity is not an issue, just with women, but it’s an issue with humans. To improve this, we must take an action to break stereotypes that has been assumed or perceived with respect to any profession. I would say more towards respecting each other role, decisions and trusting capability.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Developing analytical skills on the Decision Making process always play a critical role for future success. As you are always ONLY one decision away that can either make you or break you.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Knowing that every situation is TEMPORARY, is the key thing that always motivates me and gives me hope to cope with difficult situation.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
I would like to highlight the top 3 tips which I believe are important for conflict resolution.
1. Focus on behavior and events, not on personalities.
2. Listen carefully and respect differences.
3. Be quick to forgive. Give yourself and the other person time to vent.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Collaborating, communicating and turning dreams into reality.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.