CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Connect on LinkedIn
IT Project Management professional with more than 8+ year of experience in managing software development projects for both local and multinational companies based in US and Europe. Self-motivated, results-driven, successful execution of project within time, scope and budget while maintaining sound relationship with clients and team members.
Before becoming a project manager, I held several positions such as Software Developer, Business Analyst, Client Services and support.
I have focused on two project management specialty areas: Scrum and SAFe project management under the Agile Framework. Proven success in the areas of resource planning, effort estimation, feature driven development, quality assurance, risk management, dependency management, maintaining continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) process, release and delivery management.
I lead an empowered self-organized team with ultimate engagement via Agile focused project management along with strong technical skills. I am a strong believer in aligning team with the project objectives and common goals which can bring clarity and momentum for accomplishing any project.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Energy and fulfillment: I enjoy bringing energy and momentum to my team members while giving them a sense of fulfillment after accomplishment of goals to both team and other stakeholders (customers).
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
- Collaboration and team engagement.
- Dependency and risk management.
- Regular follow- ups with stakeholders.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
- Being active on social media.
- Participating in professional forums and discussion groups.
- Blogging and writing articles.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Knowing people over process and technology
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
- Mother Teresa
- Michelle Obama
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Quality and impact of product/services is more important than just finishing the project.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
“Relationship is the key”. Business are composed of people and people function in society via relationships.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.