CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Sydney, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
I am a passionate Technologist accountable for delivery of infrastructure programs across Technology, specialising in Network & Security related initiatives in the Financial Services industry. I am passionately invested in delivery and take great pride in ensuring my portfolio is continually achieving success through applying project management disciplines and most importantly through valued relationships with stakeholders, always maintaining integrity and transparency throughout the journey. One of the most recent prominent undertaking for me is the Core Network Transformation Program currently underway at Westpac Banking Group.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
I really love project management, but if I had to choose, then I would say that I love planning complex, challenging programs, setting up highly motivated delivery teams and subsequently shooting the lights out with delivering all major milestones in a way that we leave a positive legacy behind for our stakeholders.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1) I make long lasting, genuine and valued relationships, this certainly makes is easier to deliver projects.
2) I am a naturally organised individual, I would say that “if you fail to plan, then you planning to fail”.
3) Always be honest and transparent. Do not be afraid to give bad news, but always ensure that you provide solutions along with the bad news 🙂
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Genuinely caring about my colleagues both within and outside of my organisation. Also my giving chances and paying it forward – we were all there once upon a time and we need to help others achieve their potentials 🙂
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Everything good takes time and effort. Sometimes our biggest disappointments are actually opening bigger more exciting opportunities…
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
Many people have inspired and continue to do so in my career journey. I have to admit that I have been inspired by both genders, while I have received a lot of support and inspiration from my women tribe, I have also been lucky to have some amazing male advocates that have encouraged me to challenge myself!
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Walk before you run and always stay humble 🙂
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Success will come at the right time, focus on doing your best each day, reflect on those learnings and continually apply it in your career journey. Keep a positive mindset, especially in times of crisis. Always be humble, transparent and honest!
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.