CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: London, UK
Connect on LinkedIn
MSc Project Management, AGILE and Event Management. Experience in processes improvement and organisational structures, as well as planning, logistic and Events Project Management.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
The opportunity of bringing a project to life, working with other professionals and teams from diverse backgrounds, the communication with stakeholders and the understanding of their needs and expectations, the constant learning involved in all projects, the unexpected challenges that could come up while the project is being delivered and the rewarding feeling when the project reaches an end achieving the expected results.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
– Listening and understanding people’s needs
– Clear and constant communication at all levels
– Organisation and structure
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Using LinkedIn to engage with my professional network, as well as attending Project Managements events to connect with fellow professionals.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
The importance of never stop learning, remain open minded, motivated and curious.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
Several women such as other project managers, program managers and mentors.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Always listen and don’t rush in answering, never lose patience and encourage constant communication at all levels
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Stay centred, believe in yourself, don’t feel intimidated by negativity or people’s rejection to your ideas, remain positive and calm, keep enjoying what you do.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.