CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Brighton, UK
Connect on LinkedIn
I’m an experienced Project Manager with a strong record in initiating and delivering technology driven projects across a wide range of industries including travel, education and enterprise software with an emphasis on sustained results and effective change. I am Hungarian by birth and I lived and worked in 6 different countries after graduating from a US university. I currently work for Virgin Atlantic in the UK on a large scale transformation programme for its Cargo department that will enable 3% revenue increase year on year and substantial cost savings. I have an MBA, PRINCE2 qualification and am APMG certified Change Manager.
As a female professional with two small children, I am a keen advocate for companies to recognise the value that mothers bring to their organisation. Everyday, I strive for balance between my career and family life; spending as much time as possible with my husband and children. I am also an enthusiastic globetrotter and an ex-professional basketball player.
What is your project management super power?
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
By introducing the profession early on in school or college to girls (and boys) so they are aware that there is such a career path is available. Far too many PMs just happen to fall into the profession and they don’t choose it on purpose.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Data analysis and digital adeptness.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Through good communications and emotional intelligence.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
Don’t put off dealing with a conflict that is/will be impacting your project and make sure all hidden agendas are discovered.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
1. Continuous learning/transferable skills
2. Number of times you can go through how teams form/storm/norm and perform
3. Being able to work in a variety of industries
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.