CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
I run workshops for women in project management roles to reinforce within themselves their true value to their team, company and industry. Programs include Improving the Diversity of Your Project Management Team, Exceptional Women in Project Management, and Return to Work Program for Professional Women.
I work with women who have extensive knowledge, skills and passion for their career, but unfortunately the high pressure and status quo within the workplace has left them feeling emotionally exhausted; they have lost confidence in their own hard-earned skills and are considering leaving their roles. It’s time for women to dream big in the industry, and to know that they can achieve their career goals!
Author of #1 Best Seller on Amazon: Age Defying Careers for Women at 40: A Practical Guide to Understanding You, Identifying your Career Passion and Developing your Plan.
Creator of the eCourse: Four Steps for Engaging Difficult Stakeholders, where I share how I strengthened some of the most trying relationships in my career including strategies I have developed to resolve conflict and put projects back on track.
Proud creator of this wonderful event, bringing amazing women together from all over the globe! The Celebrating Women in Project Management Event 2018 & 2019. I could not be happier with the diversity of the women who have joined my event – it is a true pleasure to have you on board as we all celebrate women in project management together!
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Projects are people business. The thing I enjoy most about being a project manager is the stakeholder engagement and assisting people through change.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1. Understanding the political/cultural environment – having a great cultural awareness is so important for project success
2. Communication – so important to be able to communicate effectively to customers and stakeholders – one size does not fit all
3. Creative thinking/flair – being able to think of new and different ways to approach situations/communication/
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Reaching out to other women in the profession both in person and virtually. Having meaningful discussions and conversations about things that matter to us. Disrupting the status quo and doing new things.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
That there is no such thing as perfection or the perfect project manager, that is a myth. We all have our strengths and our opportunities for improvement.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
There are so many fabulous women that I am inspired by. My biggest inspiration to run this initiative is from Dr Kirstin Ferguson for running the first #celebratingwomen initiative.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Know when to leave a bad job.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Be yourself and believe in your abilities. Wear as much colour as you want, and wear it in confidence!
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.