CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
I am the founder of the Celebration of Women in Project Management event.
I work with women in project management roles to reinforce within themselves their true value to their team, company and industry. I provide a channel for women’s voices to be heard, supported and embraced in project management. It’s time for women to dream big in the industry, and to know that they can achieve their career goals.
I am an very experienced business change project manager ensuring that change is successfully embedded.
What is your project management super power?
My super power is implementing innovative approaches to delivering real change.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
A one size fits all approach is not going to remedy this imbalance. For some women there are no issues and while for other women they encounter issues. My 3 suggestions for improving the gender diversity are:
1. Women supporting other women to achieve
2. Improve the visibility of women in the profession
3. Supporting men to take advantage of part time, remote and flexible working
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Our profession is changing, it is going to be impacted by things like AI. At the core of profession, it is our relationships with others that ultimately impacts the success or failure of the project. These include: change mindset, stakeholder engagement, innovative thinking, strategic thinking, creative problem solving and business acumen. Just a few skills !!!!
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Sometimes difficult situations can take a lot out of me and I need to re-group, renew and grow. My first step is to push through and resolve to the best of my ability. Then it is all about re-grouping and renewing – getting my mojo back together before doing a debrief/retrospective about what happened, what role in it was and how I could have handled things differently. Then I use the experience to improve how I recover from difficult situations.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
Deal with the conflict quickly with honesty and integrity.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Delivering lasting change.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.