CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Connect on LinkedIn
I’m Erica F. Brooks, the Founder of I Know My Value, a movement and consulting firm that helps people discover and increase their value spiritually personally and in the marketplace. With over 22 years of Finance and Business I function as a Marketplace Ministry Strategist and Project Management Consultant who marries the practical knowledge with biblical truths to help individuals and families become financially fit, properly structure businesses, nonprofits and churches, create roadmaps, systems and customize wealth strategies to help people reach their goals from vision to implementation. My signature programs are Finish Wealthy and The Business of Church where the projects associated are delivered in a hybrid manner using scrum and waterfall.
What is your project management super power?
I am equally as strategic as I am tactical which allows me to catch and cast vision while knowing how to tactically implement.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
Mindsets and uninformed perceptions of women (not being equal to men) must be intentionally managed by open forum discussions, intentionality in hiring women project managers, women leading and volunteering in PMI and other orgs closing the gender gap.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
I believe keeping up with amd understanding technology and tools to help manage projects.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
I access the situation, mentally note the lessons learned and adjust accordingly. In parallel, I do selfcare and avoid internalizing.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
- Remove the emotion and think of a resolution that adds value and is strategically aligned with the organization
- Present viable options in a face to face meeting (if possible)
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Helping companies advance.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.