CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Mumbai, India
Connect on LinkedIn
Falguni Rolekar is currently Program Manager leading communication sector accounts for North America Testing Service line. Results-oriented Leader & Delivery Partner with 19 years of IT delivery expertise to manage complex application portfolios & drive client-centric success.
In her current role, Falguni is responsible for identifying organic growth opportunities for existing accounts and take it to closer along with managing solutioning and delivery of IGNITE offering for communication sector accounts. A decisive, insightful leader with hands on experience in implementing operational transformation through strategic thinking and decision making. She is master problem solver with a track record for proactively remediating systemic issues with tight timeframes and seasoned team builder with proven skills in galvanizing global teams across multiple geographies for implementing. Adept at forecasting budgets, mapping processes, scheduling tasks and promoting continuous improvement framework. Worked at client locations – USA, UK and Malaysia.
To give edge to current growing industry, she became agile evangelist. She has expertise in Agile and Lean project management. She implemented 8 lean process improvement projects in public sector with $1M benefits to the account. She delivers agile training, webinar and coaches IBMer agile aspirants.
Falguni holds bachelors Degree in Electronics Engineering and MBA in System from university of Mumbai, India. She is passionate IBM PMCoE volunteer in supporting various project management activities and active volunteer for PMI from 2007. She has been seminar leader and speaker in various project management forum. She holds number of IBM internal and external certifications like PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, SAFe Agilist, SAFe DevOps, ICP-ACC, PRINCE2, PAHM, CSQA, Lean Master, DevOps Foundation, PMI India Champion and IBM certified Senior Project Manager. Recently she got selected for global master leadership program from PMI. Currently she holds Vice President – outreach position as part of Board of Director for PMI Mumbai Chapter.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Project manager gets an opportunity to work with different people. This teach you many aspects about the life. From the day I took role of Project Manager, I enjoy working with client and helping them in resolving their issues. I always like to be in front of my client, so that I can be there support system whenever in need.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
Be a coach to team
I build and nurture my professional network by:
1. I got my PMP in 2007, from that day on wards I am associated with PMI in some or other way as volunteer. This helps me to build my leadership skills as well as I am able to contribute to PM community in the world. With PMI no restriction on geography as well.
2. I make sure that every year I complete one certification. That keeps me relevant in the industry with technical skills and project management skills.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
What is the growth path for a PM.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
IBM CEO – Ginni Rometty
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Always have effective communication.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Be true to yourself. Believe in yourself and just take the challenge available to you.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.