CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Connect on LinkedIn
He is a businesswoman, consultant project coordinator, trainer and organizer of events what is her passion since elementary school. For sure an engineer with an artistic soul. First of all, a practical, creative head and a fan of personal development, living according to the motto that “There are no coincidences and nothing is impossible, where there’s a will there’s a way.” For a long time she did not know who she want to be and what she want to do in her life, but she always:
– lead many projects at the same time, always ending up with due quality in the planned time, with multi- million budgets, in an international environment
– was looking for solutions, not excuses
– was interested in personal development and she wanted to know more
– was motivated to act by customer satisfaction, work with people, team building, creation, inventing and subsequent tangible results of my work.
She came to a point where she re-evaluated her life value and began to do like a kid in a candy store. That’s why after 12 years she made the best decision of her life to leave the corporation. She currently runs her own business and consulting companies in the painting industry.
From the beginning of her professional career, she has been associated with the manufacturing industry (automotive or household appliances), where she specialize in implementing technological / process changes in powder coating (with surface preparation together or without KTL (consulting and project management for new lines, optimization, audit, support etc). Her activities are supported by technological knowledge and several years of experience in the varnish industry (powder and wet) working for companies such as FAGOR Mastercook, ELECTROLUX, GESTAMP Wroclaw, HYDRO, Whirlpool Corporation and AM Panel.
She passionately explores knowledge in the fields of psychology, management, positive communication, as well as marketing and graphics. She created her own approach to projects based on global practices, tools and own experience. In his work she uses experience, knowledge and intuition:
– draw conclusions from the mistakes made, because she know that thanks to them we can develop
– she don’t waste time on projects that don’t give her joy and make no sense
– she focus on sense, benefits and effects that are to be implemented
– she uses tools from various world practices, guided by the specifics of business, project and organizational strategy and culture
– she believes that it is important to have global view of the organization, its environment, internal processes and inter-departmental connections
– that work it is like marriage – there is chemistry or there is no cooperation
– does not build relationships with people who have a destructive impact on her and her surroundings
– that behind the success of each project lies not only knowledge, experience and skills, but above all charisma, attitude and passion
– that something that is done with passion is done well
– standardization is the basis
– she is a master at remembering details and lead everything to the end
– she has a great sense of aesthetics and knows that the devil is in the details
– her charisma and openness allowed her to build partner relationships which give her benefit in cooperation with other
– projects are her passion and she is happy that she can do what she likes and what she is best at
She is a graduate of postgraduate studies at the Banking University in Wroclaw in the field of “Project Management” according to PMP and PRINCE2 methodologies and the University of Technology, major in Chemical Technology (specialty: Chemistry of surfactants and dispersed systems). Additional courses she completed were: Agile School, Trainer Academy and School of Creativity. Privately, in her free time she loves photography, books, cooking, traveling, and moving.
What is your project management super power?
Listening to people, building partner relationships, common goal, motivation.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
I think people should be classified by gender of the brain, not gender in themselves. It’s quite a difficult topic for currently days. As a woman in my industry, I know how hard it is to work in a production environment where men predominate. It is harder for us, women, because we have to speak wisely and do more to build our reputation, but I know It is possible and we can. I believe that life is changing and the mentality is changing. Having children is not a disease, and walking in high heels is not a sign of weakness but strength.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Focus on other people, the project is people, different people. Taking care of employees and not customers, a good employee will attract customers.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
I think, First of all, do not cause difficult situations, and when you get into them, you work on facts, calmly, try to control your emotions. These negatively in particular.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
I avoid toxic people, I think there must be chemistry between people in a team to work well. Once the conflict arises, I try to resolve it by gathering facts from each side, confrontation, finding a solution together… sometimes you have to split up.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Oh, there are many – the most important for me are: People, teamwork and passion.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.