CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Philadelphia PA, USA
Connect on LinkedIn
Kat High aka The ProjectPreneur is a founding partner at Artemis Factor, LLC. A start-up boutique Project Deliver Consulting firm serving the healthcare industry. Her superpowers are unwavering optimism and a passion for servant leadership. One thing Kat likes people to know about her is that she strives to leave every person and situation she encounters in a better state than when she encountered it.
Kat is a dynamic, driven business leader with an accomplished career demonstrating expertise leading world class business teams and supporting them from strategy concepting to delivery of business results across various business units including R&D, Manufacturing, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Market Access. Kat is a proven leader in project/program management, project governance, change management, strategic partnerships, drug development, risk management and problem solving. Kat is known for authentic and courageous leadership, building trusting relationships, listening to understand, respectful challenge of status quo, and delivering project goals. In her down time, Kat mentors, serves on a few nonprofit boards, and enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends.
– First feature interview in a podcast spotlighting Female Founders
– Secured a lucrative contract extension with an existing client
– Lead present project team through the creation of a world-class end of phase 2 briefing package for the FDA
What is your project management super power?
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
I have not done research, but in my experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry there doesn’t appear to be a gender imbalance in project management. Once again, I have not done any research but there does appear to be a racial and ethnic imbalance.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Decision making, agility, working with AI and MI, EQ and Empathy.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Practices of empathy, mindfulness and gratitude. As well as being optimistic.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
Listening to understand. Coming from a place inquisitiveness to learn more and trying to understand the perspective of other parties.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Driving, serving, inspiring.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.