CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Hyderabad, India
Connect on LinkedIn
Over 15 years of experience in BFSI and Healthcare with expertise in driving Quality, Process Improvement and Business Excellence initiatives. More than a decade of experience volunteering for PMI and member of the Pearl City, Hyderabad Chapter Executive Committee with a passion for good governance and women empowerment. Championing the efforts between PMI India Chapters for understanding the challenges of women professionals in Project Management in the region and designing women empowerment initiatives.
In 2019, elected as the first woman Program Director for India’s flagship PMI India Project Management National Conference. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM). A Masters degree in Computer Science. Mother of two teenagers, navigating work, volunteering and home who in her free time loves to cook traditional family recipes and travel to offbeat destinations.
What is your project management super power?
Transparency in decision making and collaboration across teams to deliver outcomes.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
- Increased self awareness and understanding of the challenges unique to a group in a region
- Providing extra support to mid career practitioners
- Designing focussed leadership development program
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
- Emotional Intelligence
How do you recover from difficult situations?
- Accept the situation
- Cooling off
- See situation through different lens
- Seek help as needed
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
- Understand the different aspects of the conflict
- Segregate causes under your control & outside your control
- Empathize with others involved
- Identify and implement both quick wins & long term solutions
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
People, innovation and learning.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.