CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: London, United Kingdom
Connect on LinkedIn
– Winner of 2019 TechWomen100 UK
– More than five years of experience in the PMO/Portfolio industry
– First class honours degree in Business Computing Systems at City University
– Finalist in the 2016 & 2020 Women in IT awards (E-skills initiative of the year)
– Former Coderdojo London Director – Mentor/Run coding clubs across London
– Former Chair, BCS Central London Branch – Nov 18-Oct 19
What is your project management super power?
Agile, Action – Oriented approach – move to value quicker with collaborative methods.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
Gender diversity can be improved from the root cause, ensuring all employers are asking everyone to submit a neutral CV/resume for applications. Ensuring employers are scanning and being neutral in their approach when hiring new employees.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Agile, being resilient and adapting to change. I think at the current situation, it’s important to be adapt to change and move forward quickly.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Currently with the pandemic, I ensure I have a routine, able to carry out extra curricular activities away from work and endure the pain.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
Stay calm, be rational, think of every side of the situation and be able to resolve the situation with a pragmatic frame of mind.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Challenging, action-oriented, organising.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.