CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Zemst, Belgium
Connect on LinkedIn
Since many years I work with projects and processes. Only the last 7 years I call myself a project manager. In the last years I was project manager of different projects within the movement of the hospital I work for like the the relocation of patients from 3 hospitals to 1 within 3 days, or a project for everything with telephony (start up a new call plan, call processes, migration from the old hospital…). Furthermore I like to bike and run.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
To plan and to create… from the beginning of the plan comes to the end like you planned (or almost planned).
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
- planning and organisation
- motivate people
- thinking ‘out-of-the-box’
I build and nurture my professional network by:
talking with many people, learn from and listen to others
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
the difficulties of change management
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
not specifically one women… I’ve been inspired from many ways at different times
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Always keep in mind the ‘devils triangle’, if one site is not stable…. the others will fall also. And don’t forget to ask every time again ‘why’… don’t jump to the conclusion too fast.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Do not think that you can not do it!
If you want, you can, you manage… or if you can, you manage, you want… or if you manage, you can, you want.
“Ik kan het, ik wil het, ik doe het”
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.