CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Connect on LinkedIn
Madeeha Khan is a Mentor and Coach by Passion & Profession both. She is committed to positioning Project Management as a Strategic Enabler for Business Excellence in current business world of Agility by combining it with People Management.
Madeeha has been serving Information Technology | Telecommunications | Real Estate | Energy | Hospitality sectors across Pakistan | Norway | United States of America for last 11 years towards Digital Transformation.
Madeeha is an MBA qualified professional, Certified ScrumMaster, IBM accredited Blue Core Coach | Business Coaching, IBM accredited Mentor | Project Management and Certified NLP Practitioner | American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming.
Madeeha is an active freelancer towards career coaching, professional development, promoting Agile mindset, and compassionate leadership. She has mentored and coached hundreds of people across globe. Lately, she has represented Pakistan across United Kingdom, Nepal, India, Portugal, Africa as a speaker and jury member in most influential conferences for Scrum and Agile community.
See Madeeha’s 2019 Celebrating Women In Project Management profiles.
What is your project management super power?
- Processes and Systems
- Disciplined yet Agile
- Communication skills
If I have to describe my super power in one line, it is the super power to envision the bigger picture of project.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
Organizations can hire a certain number of each gender and to enroll them for project management training, courses, and to assign them projects, so each person is empowered to handle the project independently. It can also be ensured that experienced project managers assume the role of mentors for fresh graduates and inspiring employees.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
There are two skills which are interrelated, one is to foster growth mindset, other is adaptability to changes taking place each second.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Being a Project Management Mentor & People Management Coach, I trained my mindset, how to be emotionally intelligent. This helps me to stay focused towards finding solutions, whenever some problematic situation happens. As a team, first we dive into details of difficult situation ,assess its impact, and then find the solutions.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
For conflict resolution, two parties which are having conflict, should make an effort to speak to each other and to establish rapport that what is the main goal which is to be achieved by resolving a conflict. Both parties can share their input where they don’t agree and what are the facts behind it. A clear communication in a calm state is the key to conclude the conflict on a win-win note..
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Project Management is my passion first then my profession. It involves people management and that is what I feel I belong to, being a mentor and coach.
So the magical words are:
- Each day in a project and each project itself is different and offers diversified learning and keep me engaged and motivated
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.