CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Sydney, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
Hello, thank you so much for creating this platform. It inspires me to work more harder and smarter. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet such amazing women leaders. In short about myself, I am Business Analyst, aspiring to become a project manager. I have done my MBA in Product Management. I relocated to Sydney a year ago. I currently work with Suez as a CRM Business Analyst. I attend meet-ups and follow many blogs online to keep myself motivated and inspired to achieve more.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Interacting with people, and having the satisfaction of delivering a project after everything.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1) Listening 2) Time management 3) People management – happy team.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Meet-ups, reading blogs and connecting to them on LinkedIn, volunteering for meet-ups.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Career paths within project management
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
List is long. To start with my super-woman mom.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Again, there are many:
1) Preparing oneself , so that when an opportunity knocks we don’t miss it due to lack of preparation.
2) It’s required to make mistakes, so that we learn from it.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Have a good clarity of what is being delivered, if something goes wrong, be the first one to alert all.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.