CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
A passionate, results-driven Project Manager with over 5 years experience in industries such as Travel, Education, Financial Services, Health, Fitness, Technology, Telecoms, Managed Print from both the Private and Public sectors.
Mary has led projects ranging from initiation to closing including being tasked with turning around complex projects that were in trouble. Being a Woman and a Project Manager with a technical background has not been without challenges. However, this has fuelled her determination even more to succeed.
Mary embraces continuous improvement in both her professional and personal life which she believes has enabled many significant opportunities in her career. She is currently at a pivotal moment in her career, managing Global Projects within the Salesforce.com platform.
What is your project management super power?
My project management super power is the ability to engage key stakeholders and being able to adapt to the diverse personalities to achieve a successful outcome.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
By continuing to be part of these key initiatives such as ‘Celebrating Women in Project Management’ series so us women can be heard, engage in professional networking and continue to be part of the Project Management evolution.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Definitely having significant experience and working on complex projects are key for future success.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Ensure the lessons learnt from these difficult situations are captured, reviewed and understood so changes can be made moving forward.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
– Address conflict immediately (if possible).
– Discuss face to face and in private.
– Use of active listening skills.
– Follow up.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.