Michelle M. Campbell
CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Connect on LinkedIn
Michelle M. Campbell is a project and program manager with over 15 years of experience managing global projects aimed at revenue growth, cost reduction, client satisfaction, governance and transformation at business and enterprise levels.
She has extensive experience across the financial services industry (wealth management, retirement, payroll and human capital management) as a change leader with an eye to risks, issues, compliance, operational readiness and overall strategy.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
I enjoy seeing the solid impact of my leadership whether it be a new financial product on the market, an internal corporate transformation or closure of a government regulatory issue.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1) listening – this is lost art that has to be practiced with every conversation.
2) brevity – delivering the bottom line upfront in a concise but meaningful way, minimizing the chance of misinterpretation and enhancing the possibility of impactful dialogue.
3) linking projects to executive strategy – if what my team is delivering is not relevant then we are wasting time and money.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Periodic phone calls (very ‘old school’) and volunteering for causes where I can use my project management skills.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
We don’t leave our personal lives at the office front door. Include the entire person (professional and personal) in the effort for excellence.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
Women who I have met across my career that stand in their truth and communicate that truth in a concise and thoughtful manner.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Deliver more value than you cost and you will never lack a job.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Make continuous learning a constant pursuit. Rate yourself not against your competitor but who you were yesterday.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.