CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Delhi, India
Connect on LinkedIn
– Certified CSM( Certified ScrumMaster), PSM1( Professional Scrum Master), Team Kanban practitioner, Scaled Professional Scrum(SPS).
– Seasoned leader with 12 years of experience in working with product teams in product companies.
– 10 years of solid experience in working with agile methodologies. Implemented agile in 2 startups which made their teams more productive.
– Managing Portfolio of multiple products, experience in creating portfolio reports and dashboards for top leadership.
– Implemented Customised scaling framework for a rapidly growing organization (200 employees) which aligned business goals with the team’s goal.
– Acting as an Agile coach, grooming and coaching with Agile values and building high performing teams.
– Agile beyond software development: Implemented agile in different functions like Marketing, Security, and Compliance.
– Active Speaker in Agile leadership conferences and meet-ups.
– Contributed to GDPR readiness for an organisation. Attended ISMS and PIMS training and acted as Internal Auditor.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
As a Manager, I can coach my team to take the right decisions at the right time and how they can stay focussed and deliver value to the business. The most satisfying point comes when your team becomes high performing and self-motivated and you just watch them grow.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
– People’s person. There are different individuals that work in a team, it is very important to have a good relationship with everyone in the team.
– Act as Coach/Facilitator rather than a Manager
– Understand business Strategy and align business goals with the team’s goals.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Share knowledge and learn from other’s experience. I believe you can learn a lot by watching and listening to other people.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Think about the bigger picture and explore ways how you can deliver more value. I wish, everyone, when they are starting careers, doesn’t just get too focused on their work and rather think about how everyone is contributing and how it will help the organization and where this piece will fit in the bigger puzzle.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
Women who are managing the work-life balance like a pro.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
“Be the change you want to see”
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Networking, People management skills, and knowledge sharing.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.