CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Connect on LinkedIn
Am Ojiugo Ajunwa MBA, PMP and in my forties. I am Nigerian and a wife, homemaker. I have over 20 years of work experience. I am a Consultant, trainer, mentor,
Key strengths include the ability to meet and exceed goals/targets, a knack for engaging stakeholders and the ability to transfer best practice knowledge to others. I am a Problem Solver with topnotch Analytical, People Management, Communication and Organizational Skills.
My greatest achievements as a Project Manager include:
1. Influencing Public and Private Sector Project success in the past 17 years.
2. Training and mentoring over 10,000+ Individuals directly or indirectly in Project Management across 17 countries.
3. Authoring the book Lessons Learned Managing Projects in Nigeria and co-authoring Day in a Life of a Project Manager – both available on Amazon.
See Ojiugo’s 2018 Celebrating Women in Project Management profile.
What is your project management super power?
Stakeholder Engagement and driving Project Communications. I believe its so key in making sure the Project you are on succeeds.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
By women giving themselves permission to shine in this Profession. We must build our own Tables and create so much value that we will be impactful in the long run!
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Emotional Intelligence. Be Data Savvy. Negotiation Skills will all be top skills needed to stay relevant.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
To recover from difficult situations I ensure the facts on ground are well understood by all parties and also ensure that I replace worries in my mindset positive affirmations to position me to move forward.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
To resolve conflicts my best tip is to ensure you personally don’t want the conflict situation to linger on and on so stay open to solutions that bring an end to the problem.
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Planning, Results, Impact
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.