CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Gurgaon, India
Connect on LinkedIn
Passionate Project Management Professional with 15 years of project experience. Worked for companies like Lucent (Reliance Telecom CDMA), Motorola (TATA Telecom Project handled 3 region), Airtel (Process Improvement Project). PMP certified since 2005 and have been thereby training and Mentoring PMP aspirants. When planned to start my own company, undoubtedly Project Management was 1st choice. My company delivers Bespoke training for PMP, Agile & Scrum with an edge of Leadership to ensure an enhanced Project Manager.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Being a project manager I enjoy most is Planning. As I believe planning is the foundation and if done well probability of success is very high.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1) Motivating team to deliver as planned
2) Analytic skills so as to be quick in the decisions
3) Risk Taker as at times one needs to believe in self and team and take some calculative risks.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
1) By Mentoring and Coaching professionals,
2) Sharing ideas with fellow professionals on LinkedIn and in-person
3) Thru my company and seminars I attend.
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
I started from very basic and have grown in the field hence nothing as it was good learning phase.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Plan Your Work & Work your Plan
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
It is very important to enhance your skills to stay relevant in the industry, especially as Project Manager as every time you will have new challenges, new team mates and new risk to face.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.