CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Mumbai, India
Connect on LinkedIn
A Mother of two, Author, Blogger, Women Empower believer, Dreamer, Creator and a futurist. An Agile Evangelist and a Program Manager spearheading Digital transformation programs for a Fortune 10 organization in healthcare and transportation domain. Leading Agile Community Of Practice with Capgemini 546 members, across 40 countries evangelizing Agile practices across all levels in the organization. Speaker for national and International conferences on IoT, Agile and Project Management. Winner of “Women in Business Awards” 2018 by Indo Global SME Chamber in “Business Leader – IT” category. Named in the 50 inspirational women project managers across the globe by Elise Stevens as part of her CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES in 2018. Winner of Aesthetics International Excellence Award 2018 for Personal Development. Winner of Global Brilliance Award by Anti Corruption Foundation Of India.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
The fact that I am able to add value to
1. My customers : By solving their business problems through technology
2. My team : By helping them to grow professionally
3. My organization : By building on/ adding to the expertise that we already have and managing the bottomline
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
Focusing on the big picture
Communicating and collaborating
I build and nurture my professional network by:
Keeping the conversation on and help each other
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
I wish I knew the Agile concepts of project management, continuous delivery, Business value and Minimum Viable Products when I started out with project management. I think these concepts would have helped me to take better decisions and provide more business value to my stakeholders and sponsors.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
Women who dare to dream and never quit !
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
“Make a difference and add value to whatever you do !”
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Network, collaborate and share
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.