CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Mumbai, India
Profile: Priya Patra, Program Manager, Capgemini. Priya is a mother of two, Author, Blogger, Women Empower believer, Dreamer, Creator and a Futurist. An Agile Evangelist and a Program Manager spearheading Digital transformation, digital quality assurance and quality engineering program for a large conglomerate in Lifesciences domain. She Leads Agile Community Of Practice with Capgemini 546 members, across 40 countries evangelizing Agile practices across all levels in the organization. She is speaker for national and International conferences on IoT, Agile and Project Management. When she is not working, she dreams about the future of work, and its impact on projects. Her views are expressed through blogs on projectmanagement.com. #AgileW2W #futureofPMWork #SpeakerPriya
What is your project management super power?
My project management super power is collaboration.
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
Lead by example
Encourage others to dream big
Create a network, where we power up each other
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Skills of the future will include
Networking / collaborating
Managing the project ecosystem
Follow #futureofPMWork for more, or see blog post.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
1. Take a step back
2. Analyse the situation
3. Devise a response that will have a +ve impact long term
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
1. Understand the root of the conflict
2. Be fair
3. And think about a long term impact while resolving the conflict
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Human, Creative, Exciting
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.