CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Sydney, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
I am very passionate about PMO Best Practices and use them to enable the business to deliver complex projects
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Educating people about using industry best practices in Project/program management enabling them to keep things simple and deliver the best outcomes
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1. Make sure your basics are right – its usually the basics that make or break !!
2. Keep it simple – avoid unnecessary complications trying to make things look more sophisticated
3. Don’t be afraid to admit if you have made a mistake; but make sure you remediate and learn from it
I build and nurture my professional network by:
1. Engaging with people from different areas of expertise and gaining insight into their experiences of what worked for them and what didn’t work so well !
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Never doubt self-worth !
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
My Grandmother, Mother Teresa, Michelle Obama
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Be Smart and in Control
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Believe in Yourself, Never loose touch with you being human side even under the utmost pressure
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.