CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2020 SERIES
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Connect on LinkedIn
Name: Rizwana Ashraf
Current Position: Professional – R&D, Chinese Interpreter & MS Coordinator
Experience: More than 8 years of Working Experience in education and Industrial Sector both. Worked in China for 5 years and 3 years in Pakistan. Secured many awards from universities and officials from business.
Giving support to Chinese companies to work in Pakistan, proposals, TBP & Business TOR’s & ROI’s.
What is your project management super power?
My Super Power is never planning in illusion, Listen carefully and put things on paper as demanded, adding my WOW factor in it.
“No matter how good the team or how efficient the methodology, if we’re not solving the right problem, the project fails.” — Woody Williams
How can gender diversity be improved in the project management profession?
No work is big or small, no matter who is doing only thing matter is right person for right job with right skills that matters the most. Let’s all forget about the gender, explore the right professional personnel to do the job.
As the profession evolves, what skills do you think will be key for future success?
Key for future Success:
– Research & Development: Keep in search what world is doing and where we are & what need to be done.
– Time Management: Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed nothing else can be managed.
– Realistic Goals: There are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic deadlines.
– Right Attitude: behavior matters the most.
How do you recover from difficult situations?
Star technique is good to handle difficult situation: Situation >Task >Action >Result.
What are your tips and techniques for conflict resolution?
Lack of communication is the root cause for arising of conflicts; only possible solution is Listen with curiosity. Speak with honesty. Act with integrity. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. We listen to reply. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. We listen for what’s behind the words.”
Which 3 words best describe why you enjoy being a project manager?
Most witty and funny thing about being a PM is; everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. I got this punch once in a year for sure.
Hello amazing women of the project management world! My Celebrating Women in Project Management Series highlights your stories to inspire others, raise the profile of women in the project management profession, and to further strengthen our global network.
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.