CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Connect on LinkedIn
Sandra is an Engagement Lead for the Red Hat Innovation Labs in APAC. In her role, she establishes high performing teams to innovate new software products. In her role she guides teams through practices based on design thinking, lean and agile while at the same time improving organisational culture.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
I really enjoy working with people and how they grow as a team. From being individuals in the beginning of the project to a high performing team at the end.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
The most important skills are: Listing and Communicating. Without it, every project will fail. My third one would be stakeholder management, to ensure that the expectations of the project outcome are well managed.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
- Attending PMI chapter sessions
- Attending Meetups
- Using LinkedIn to network
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
It’s all about the team. You work hard together and you celebrate together.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
There are so many inspiring women out there, especially in the PMI Chapter in Australia. I wouldn’t be able to just pick one.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Don’t assume anything.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Find a mentor, it will jumpstart your career.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.