CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Sydney, Australia
Connect on LinkedIn
Almost had two decades of work experience not only a developer but the team lead and Project Manager, now working as a Head of operations in my current company. My current clients are very diverse. They are from the Manufacturing industry, E-commerce industry, Financial domain, Loyalty domain. I am not only managing the projects but also doing the resource management, risk management, stakeholder engagements and lot more. Being the women I wanted to bring out all the beauty of creativity from a feminine soul with the strong-headed individual who is ready to take any challenge in her way. Meeting new people and learn something new every day is my passion. That is the reason for becoming a member of loads of Meetup groups 🙂
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Total productive engagement. Engagement with Stakeholders, Team and each individual. Delivering the tight timeline project within budget and limited time period really excites me because, in my opinion, we utilize our time to the fullest with the great outcomes and it gives you the opportunity to learn and further plan better.
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
1. Solid Planning (50% work is done if you planned properly)
2. Resource and Time Management
3. A positive environment with encouragement and motivation.
I build and nurture my professional network by:
2. Meeting In person when required
3. Vlogs & Blogs and great friends
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
A diversity of PM profession
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
My mom, as not only being a kid I saw her how she manages her work and family (two kids) duties but after so many years still, she is a perfect example of a balanced individual who manages her work and family perfectly and very dedicated to both. Perfect balance.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Discipline, honesty, smart and hard work.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.