Umme Tameem Qazi
CELEBRATING WOMEN IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERIES
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Connect on LinkedIn
My name is Umme TameemQazi. I am presently working as Vice President IT-Project Management Office for Meezan Bank Limited. I hold an MS degree in Computer Science from Lahore University of Management Sciences( LUMS). I am PMP Certified and COBIT5 Implementation Certified in IT Governance. I have over 18 years of strong Project Management & Business Management experience in the IT domain covering Software and Banking industry. This covers extensive experience in planning & managing software, web and mobile applications projects targeting finance and other business domains. Working as a Senior Project Manager in PMO, i have had the opportunity of establishing & leading the Project Management Office (PMO) with the objective of ensuring projects are delivered using PMI best practices, within agreed time/cost/scope/quality parameters.
I carry a Strong track record of successfully delivering medium to large size projects worth over $50million and have led medium to large sized teams. We are also winners of the Project Management Institute Karachi Pakistan Chapter (PMI KPC) Award for Project Management Office (PMO) Of The Year 2017. I am also a Contributor of project management articles at projectmanagement.com. I’m an animal lover who is very fond of cats and spend most of my free time looking after stray dogs and cats of the neighborhood.
What I enjoy most about being a project manager is:
Decision making process and project execution
The three most important skills I use to successfully deliver projects are:
2. Profound understanding of project and stakeholders involved
3. Sense of humour
I build and nurture my professional network by:
1. Engaging with people from different domains on:
2. Subscribing to various podcasts related to project management, leadership and business specific areas
At the start of my career, the one thing I wish I had known is:
Nothing in particular because i honestly believe in the power of progressive elaboration.
Women who have inspired me so far in my career journey are:
My mother and sisters who belong to the field of education, law and judiciary.
The most valuable advice I have ever been given is:
Knowledge without transformation is not wisdom.
My advice for women on finding success as a project manager is:
Keep upgrading yourself professionally. Do not restrict yourself to PM related knowledge only. A Project Manager can be more effective at influencing its stakeholders if they are well versed about different areas. To win the trust of the team one must exhume the persona of a strong project manager who from his/her actions shows the team that they can trust him and will lead them to success.
Hello amazing women of the project management world!
My observation after two decades of working in the project management industry is that our voices as women are simply not heard enough online in articles, podcasts, and across social media channels. Let’s change that!
- If you’re a woman working in project management, I want to hear from you! Submit your profile today to make sure to be included in this years event which has already begun.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to be inspired by daily posts as we celebrate all of these wonderful women in project management! Feel motivated by their stories, achievements and perspectives.
- Tell us how you feel and support other women by including #CelebratingWomenInProjectManagement in your social media posts.
- Join our FREE exclusive Celebrating Women in Project Management Facebook group – a new space for women in project management to come together and discuss ideas, give advice, provide support, and network with women from all over the globe.